Find the answer to all your questions here

Is THIM's program accredited?

Yes, THIM's BSc program has been fully accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).

What qualification will I have when I graduate?

Students graduating from THIM are awarded a Bachelor of Science degree, which is an internationally recognized and respected qualification.

Do you offer support for dyslexia?

Yes, for students with a disability, such as dyslexia or ADHD, we can provide support, for example by providing more time for examination or by offering spoken exams. You can ask us about the possibilities during an intake interview.

Can I work abroad with my Dutch diploma?

Your THIM BSc diploma is an internationally recognized degree. In most countries physiotherapy is a regulated profession, though. This means you need to meet certain requirements to be allowed to practice, for example language requirements. These requirements are set per country. More information about this can generally be found on the website of national Boards of Physiotherapy.

If I study at THIM, will I be entitled to student finance via DUO?

If you are enrolled at THIM, you can apply for student finance if you're a Dutch national or have the same rights. This means non-Dutch can also apply for student finance. Do you fail to meet the nationality criteria for student finance? Then you may still qualify for a tuition fee loan. Read more about funding options via DUO here.

Is financial support available to help cover the tuition fee?

THIM itself does not provide grants or scholarships, but you might be able to apply for a scholarship or a funding program provided by your own government.

When does the program start?

The international program starts in the first week of September.

Why do I have to pay for a full module if I withdraw from the program during the course of the module?

If you withdraw from the program once it has started, you will indeed be obliged to pay the tuition fee for the module you're enrolled in. At THIM we work with small groups and are unable to admit new students once the module has started. This means we will already have incurred the costs of your training. If you decide to terminate your enrollment, we are unable to reduce these costs. To avoid students from dropping out as much as possible, we do our best to inform you to the fullest extent in advance, so that you know exactly what the modules entail.

Does THIM have its own student association?

No, THIM does not have a student association. We do have an activities committee, that organizes extracurricular activities like the winter sports trip, a gala and a soccer tournament.

Can I access THIM's study and exercise center ALP 7 days a week?

Yes, you can access ALP 7 days a week.

Can I have lunch at THIM?

Yes, our lounge, called Schenk, offers a wide range of affordable options for breakfast and lunch. You can also go to 't Plein in THIM's study and practice centre ALP for coffee, snacks, etc.

What is the 21+ test?

If you'd like to enroll at THIM, but you do not meet the diploma requirements, you can take the 21+ entrance test. This test, for students aged 21 years or over, is conducted by an external agency. They test your skills and give advice on the feasibility of studying at THIM. More information about the 21+ test can be found here.

What kind of holidays do students get?

School holidays are scheduled in spring, May and autumn (one week each), around Christmas (two weeks) and in summer (six weeks). There are also various official and traditional holidays, such as New Year's Day, Easter Sunday and Monday, King's Day, Ascension Day, and Whit Sunday and Monday. Before the start of the year, students get an overview of when the classes, exams and holidays are scheduled.

Volgende: Contact